Bob Tito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A question, not totally related to Mandrake, but worth a try ;-)
> I'd like to run a firewall script on my Pc. I have found the isinglass script
> on freshmeat and looks fine for my needs.
>
> BUT... if i insert the script or (program as you wish) in the ifup script it is
> started before pppd is ready, causing everything to be blocked.
> I'd like to start it automatically, because root permissions are required..
>
> How do i start this *After* pppd gets an ip nr: but from the ifup script ?

Easiest place to put the call would be in /etc/ppp/ip-up.local.  It gets
called after the connection has been made.

Just put the isinglass script somewhere, and use this for the script:

        #! /bin/bash
        . <path/to/script>

You'll have to set execute permissions on /etc/ppp/ip-up.local (probably
a+x would work, and matches the permissions on the ip-up/ip-down files).

Bring up the connection again and you should be all set!

--
Steve Philp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]