> > Brian Berard wrote:
> > > So (taking a deep breath here) where does KFM by default place D/L files from
> > > an FTP transfer? Can I change this in the KFM setup? If Im doing something
> > > wrong, please tell me--))))
> >
> > It looks like it downloads them to ~/.kde/share/apps/kfm/tmp.  It
> > doesn't look like those files stick around after you close kfm.  At
> > least I don't THINK so.  Check in that directory to see if your download
> > is still there.  Might have been a wasted download, I guess.
> >
> > I didn't see anything in the preferences settings of KFM to set where it
> > downloads to.  It seems to be hardcoded into the app.
>
> The way I normally us it:
> Just 'drag 'n drop'  the file you wat to fetch somewere... i normally use the
> desktop...
>
> Gives you a reson to clean up evey now en then .. ;-))
>
> ..Bob

Bob, I have tried that and then the D/L starts all over again ending up in a
core dump icon on my desk top. Something must not be right here. Thanks for
your input though.

I also tried what steve above reccamended and he was correct as to where the
file would be. That is the location from where I tried to drag the Icon of the
file to my desk top. Next thing I know it starts D/L the file again. I think Im
in the dense mode on this one--))))

Anyone else have any other ideas? Im open!--)) Thanks for all input.
Brian