Hi to everyone,
I have just installed Mandrake 5.3 , and have run into a some questions which  I
hope someone out there can help me with.

I took the workstation install during the setup.  Everything seamed to go fine.
After getting a few things settled o the system I started to mess around and
see what this new linux had. I found that the new redhat supported my sound card
which was a great relief since Redhat 5.1 didn't.  I could dl a OSS drive and
make it work, but there wasn't any defualt support. I  installed Real Audio
5.0-3 from a rpm . I went fine . I also got netscape to launch it on clicking
the  real audio lik. The problemis it will not play the file. I get a error
that says I need to download a newer verision of the player and try again.
To the best of my knowleage there isn't a newer one. I thought this might just
be a quirk in Mandrake, but I installed Redhat 5.2 from a Redhat 5.2 GPL cd and
the same thing happened. I know in Redhat 5.1 the same player works fine.

My question: Has any of you run into this? If so have you found a way to fix it?

Thanks for any and all help.
Steven