On Son, 21 Mär 1999, you wrote: / Am Son, 21 Mär 1999 schrieben Sie:
> >%_Hello all,
> weel here goes first i started with a diamondspeedstar a50 agp video card now i have
>a video excell 3d pro 740 can someone plz help me with the video setup. i cant get x
>to start at all.
>
> thanks,
> ndk

Please do not send HTML. Thank you!

Do you have a manual for that card? If so, can specify the chipset?
Are you sure about the card's name? Never heard of that one before.
Further: what means doesn't 'start at all'? Do you get any error messages?
Do you have a file like .Xerrors in your home directory? What does it say?
Do 'less /var/log/messages'. Are there any video related error messages?

Regards

tom