Russ Westbrook wrote:

> Guillermo,
>
> You said you use Linux for several different things, one of which was
> icq. Are you referring to the program that allows people to know when
> another gets on line then chat together? I use this program allot in
> 98 and am really going to miss it when I make the final jump. I wrote
> to Miribalis (spelling) and they informed me that no Linux version is
> planned. If this is the program you are using, may I ask how you are
> using it under Linux?
>
> Thanks
> Russ

As others have pointed out, there is Licq on the Mandrake 5.3 CD.
But, to be honest, there are at least 3 others (Xicq, KXicq) and a couple or so
more. They range from 0.3.x to 0.5.x in version numbers so not all features are
there. Personally, I use Licq and it's done pretty much what I need it to. It's
missing a few bells and whistles but it's very functional. Even...dare I say it,
less buggy than the Win95/98 version. Again, it could be the OS ;-)

Regards,
--
Kuraiken - Apprentice Codecaster