On Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 01:43:56PM -0400, Jon Bass wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to install Mandrake 5.3 on my Windows 98 system so that I can have these
>2 OSs. When I go to shrink my partition using FIPS, the free space isn't reported
>correctly. I have 690 megs of free space, I have defragged my system 3 times and have
>tried to move hidden and system files out of the way. I am somewhat computer
>illiterate so I really can't think of what else to do. Any suggestions would be very
>much appreciated!

First, hit <return> once in a while when sending email.  Your message
arrived as one big long string of text.

Second, make sure and turn off the Swap space in the Control Panel before
running FIPS.  Turn off the swap, reboot the computer, rerun the defragger,
then run FIPS.  I think you'll find you get alot more available space that
way.

--
Steve Philp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]