>Check to make sure the Outgoing SMTP server is named correctly in the
>Preferences setting of Netscape.  That's about the only thing that would
>affect sending mail in Netscape.

I should have clarified myself.  I am not downloading my mail using
Netscape, but rather the e-mail program that comes with KDE.  The icon is
located on my taskbar (panel at the bottom) and looks like a letter with a
big E next to it.  When I was using Linux yesterday, I was in my mail program.

>> Also, if I should get really frustrated, what is the best way to uninstall
>> Mandrake and start again?
>
>Just stick the CDROM in and start a new installation (and be sure to choose
>to format the Linux partitions during installation).

Do I have to use the floppy I made at the beginning and then use the CDROM?

Linda Hatch