On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 06:10:40PM -0700, Gryphon wrote:
> I've got a Diamond Monster Sound MX300, and I'm
> wondering if anyone knows a way to get this card
> working in linux?  It has full legacy support under
> DOS, but I believe that a DOS helper program is
> necessary to enable that.  Has anyone got one of
> these working in linux, or even a similar PCI card?

If you first boot into DOS, then use LOADLIN to boot Linux, you'll probably
be able to get the card to work in SB-compatibility mode.  This will allow
the DOS helper stuff to get loaded and put the card into the right mode.

It worked for me a while back when I was fighting a Diamond Sonic Impact S70
card.  I've since sold it and moved to something better supported under
Linux.  If they don't want to share the programming info, I don't want to
share my money!

--
Steve Philp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]