Adam Wright wrote:

> the last step in my quest for the perfect Linux PC. I need to get this
> PC up and running on my home network. I have two other PCs (both running
> Win '98) and they are already running on a network. What I need to do is

        What kind of a network?  Just file/printer sharing?  What protocol?
Most likely, it's running on NetBEUI (which isn't supported by Linux,
AFAIK).  If it is just file/printer sharing over NetBEUI, this is quite
possible.  First, install TCP/IP on the '98 boxes, and give them IP
addresses.  Second, read the excellent Samba Step by Step guide at
http://www.sfu.ca/~yzhang/linux/samba/index.html.

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good