Hey all.. thanks a ton for all the help thus far.  I don't know much,
but I try to help out when I can. My new problem regards my Realtek 8029
(NE2k compatible) PCI LAN card.  I was pretty sure I had it set up right
upon installation (never had a chance to test it out), but after I
_finally_ got my modem working (read: dialing) it wouldn't actually
connect to the 'net -- I had Infinite Domain Name Search Syndrome
(IDNSS).  So I fired up linuxconf and fiddled with the DNS and Gateway
stuff, and now my modem works but my network card doesn't.  I'm itching
to fire up linuxconf and meddle some more, but I'm afraid I'll break my
modem or worse... linuxconf is a scary beast to a newbie; and a
dangerous one for "adventurous" newbies like myself who like to play
around with stuff until it works.

The whole "adapter one", "adapter two" thing confuses me.  I set up my
RTK8029 as adapter one originally and set my 'fictitious' IP address
that I use on the LAN (172.16.83.2 if it's important).  When my modem
wouldn't work (dial but not actually connect), I set it up as adapeter
two on ppp0 and put all the DNS and Gateway info in it.  I also
(stupidly it seems) changed my domain name to that of my ISP (I was
desperate).  After that my modem worked.  Is this correct?  Does the
modem need to be set as a network adapter in linuxconf?  Above all, is
there a config program I can run to set up my network card?

Thanks in advance!

--
Meanie

PS- If I talk too much, just tell me to shut up. =)