Dan,

Well I am not using proxy. It is Ip masquerading and it is in the many "mini
how to's" on the web. Let me know if I can help. mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You have to compile a new kernel and enable a bunch of network stuff which
is in the how to.

It worked great. I have a 100 base T LAN here at home and the my daughter
has E Mail and chat on her machine, and I have NO MODEM on this machine
anymore. One dial up and the ole linux box does it all.

I am thrilled.... :)

in. I noticed that in the mini how to (after I sent the E Mail) that the Awe
PNP cards should only have the module installed and not the full support
because the card should be loaded later. I tried to deselect the full
support and added just the module and recompiled, but it didn't work.. I am
going to do some clean up and try it again. Never know, I may of recompiled
the same thing again :( <sigh>

And Will, I am about that clueless too (even though after I pinged Microsoft
via Linux off a windows box I thought I was pretty bad ...). Dont know
anything about USB. What kind of modem are you using.

I am NO expert but let me suggest a couple things I have learned to all.....

Read the mini how to.... This is a good site
http://www.linux.org/help/minihowto.html

When compiling, if you have X windows. Use make xconfig instead of plaing
old x.

Later gang,

Rich