When I do the ln -s /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.9 /boot/vmlinuz will I still be able
to use my old kernel If I am not able to boot to the new one. Like have
Lilo look like this

image=/boot/vmlinuz
Label= Linux2.0.36
etc..

The only vmlinuz I can find on the system in the /boot directory is the
vmlinuz one. Not at home know so don't remember if it is vmlinuz or
vmlinuz-2.0.36 either way there is only one with the word vmlinuz in it. If
I do the ln -s will that kill the old one or is there a way to make it be
able to boot the old one if I where to type Linux2.0.36 at the Lilo prompt?

Also what about the system.map file with the compiling take care of that
for me??

Thanks,

James J. Capone

>  cp /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.x
>       # copy the kernel image to your boot directory; replace the x with
>       # the appropriate number
           < ln -s /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.x /boot/vmlinuz>