Hi,

I'm affraid Mandrake doesn't have any USB support 'right out of the
box'. In fact, Linux doesn't have USB support at all for the moment
unless you compile your own kernel (at least version 2.2.7 (stable) or
2.3.3 (development).

Keep in mind that USB support in Linux is still very BETA and that the
only OS supporting USB for the moment is Win98.

If I were you, given the actual prices, I'd rush out and buy an
affordable generic modem instead of taking the risc of tampering your
system by using very early beta support in the newer kernels. USB will
be supported under Linux and work is advancing rapidly.

Patrick Putteman, System Engineer
Three-i
T. +32 2 332 35 32 - F. +32 4 332 34 31
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.three-i.com