> 1. Reinstall linux, putting the boot stuff on the win95
> hard drive. Change this drive to the master.
> 2. All the rest of linux goes on its own hard drive which becomes the
> slave.
> So, tell me somebody, will this work? I will do it when I get a copy of
> Linux Mandrake 6.0.
> adios, STeve W

Sounds like your lilo.conf is trying to start Win95 from floppy drive?

First of all install Win95(98), then Linux.
When installing Linux tell to lilo that it should be installed on master
boot record (meaning on the same disk as win95(98).) BTW Every time you
running Win setup, you have to rerun lilo, because setup rewrites all the
stuff!

There is no difference between slave and master. That's a physical
separation for BIOS. For Linux it all depends on lilo configuration.

Right now have a look on lilo.conf (/etc/lilo.conf). There should be under
Linux booting part like: hdb/boot/vmlinuz or something. If so, your Win
partition resides on hda partition. So you have to change it properly... and
then run just ./lilo from command line

Kalju Rüütli
Webmaster

Pärnu Town Government
Board of Development
+37 244 313  34
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Somebody told me to get a life.... Where I can download that?