I checked on the SANE site for my scanner.  Of course, it is not listed.  I
have a Mustek 1200II EP.  It is on its own parallel port and not through the
printer.  I read all the Mustek scanners on the list.  They were mostly all
SCSI.  I read that the 600 something was partially supported IF it is hooked up
to its own parallel port.