"Philip C. Hewitt II" wrote:

> For the sake of this community lets hope Mandrake fixes some of the "bugs"
> that RedHat6.0 is experiencing!
>
> Phil

To be honest, I "upgraded" Mandrake 5.3 with RedHat 6.0.  I did my zip config
while in Mandrake, I did not config the printer, modem etc until I was on
6.0.  I also installed kde from RedHat.  So far, while in Gnome I can access
KDE from it but I won't risk to switch to KDE all the way because I once did
and never went back to Gnome.  This way I kept the easy config of Mandrake in
Redhat.   The zip, cdrom and floppy all show its icons on the gnome desktop
fully configured and compatible with the "old" MAndrake 5.3. What I like about
gnome is the variety of ways one can configure the desktop.
Of course if you have important files, I'll wait until Mandrake can offer a
"true" upgrade.