John Richards wrote:

> Do you think it would help then if I installed the rpm kernel upgrades
> without having run sndconfig first?
>
> -JR

Yes it might work. Though running it again might cause your PC to hang up when
its loading the modules. What's your sound card anyway? The new kernels seem to
be looking for a different way to configure the sound. I tried upgrading the
kernel before using the RPM's and after that my sound card refused to work with
the new module. Not even pnpdump and isapnp can make it work (worked in
2.0.36).

Gilbert