Did you check your services it /etc/services and make sure you did not on accident
block the 8080 port. or even a DNS port.

I had this problem also. I on accident commented out the 8080 port and was not able to
reach a internet page at all.

I am not sure if that is what may help or not.

Thanks,

James J. Capone