I am not able connect to any FTP sites because I have the FTP port
commented out in the /etc/services file. If I uncomment it I can connect. I
do not know if it is the same for HTTPD

Thanks.

James J. Capone
=======================
Webmaster http://linuxuser.8m.com
Asst. Webmaster http://www.ptm.com
Co-Author - Linux Book For Newbies.
"The Only Person To Hear Both Sides Of A Argument Is The Guy In The
Apartment Next To Yours!"

On Monday, May 31, 1999 10:43 PM, Steve Philp [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
wrote:
> "James J. Capone" wrote:
> >
> > Did you check your services it /etc/services and make sure you did not
on accident block the 8080 port. or even a DNS port.

> > I had this problem also. I on accident commented out the 8080 port and
was not able to reach a internet page at all.