I have upgraded my Mandrake 5.3 to version 6.0 and am having slight
difficulty with my CD-R.  The first question is how to get the CD-ROM mount
icon for my CD-R on the desktop like my first drive (I am using two ATAPI
CD-ROM drives, one reader and one writer).  The second is how to record
cd's.  I assume xcdroast will work properly if I can mount the CD-R with a
blank disk in the drive, if anyone knows otherwise please respond.

BTW, I am not quite decided between KDE and Gnome yet, instructions for an
icon for both would be greatly appreciated, but I'm not picky, I'll take
either.

thanks in advance

Nick Elvester