you have to upgrade your 2.2.9-18 or 19mdk kernel to 23

http://coruscant.netrevolution.com/pub/   keep new kernel

remeber to upgrade initscripts 24mdk too (you can find it in mandrake site on
fixed directory)

If you can see at bootstart "hd optimization" remove hdparm too

 rpm -q -a | grep hdparm
 rpm -e [name that you can see over]