Steve Philp wrote:

> I believe you can turn on IP Masqing with this command:
>
>         echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forwarding

        Not exactly.  That needs to be done, but that only turns on packet
forwarding.  IP Masq'ing needs to be built into the kernel, and ipchains
needs to be installed as well.  The HOWTO is an excellent walkthrough;
it takes you through the process step by step.  I have a real Win98 box,
as well as virtual NT and 98 machines (in VMware) accessing the net
through my Linux machine this way.  You can also configure a firewall
this way.

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Since all the world is but a story, it were well for thee to buy the