----- Original Message -----
From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Newbie Linux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 1999 4:41 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] modem problems.....

> On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, John Mandeville wrote:
>
> > can some one tell me how to get my modem to work properly under
> > LM6....it didnt even work properly under LM5.3....i have a newcom
> > external 56kefxspka modem. when ever i try to Download with linux it
> > goes a little and says stalled
>
> Is that when downloading from a net connection, or directly from a bbs?
> If net connection, it's possible that your ISP is too slow to handle the
> load... (Had this a couple of times - 0.1 kB/s over ISDN...)
>
> LLaP
> bero

i probably should have specified more....its with my ISP....My Windows drive
and this modemRarely has a problem...i have made my Hard Drive
Removable...everything is the same from win to LM...but my modem and my
epson 800 printer doesnt work..if i can get wine to work ill be 100% convert
to LM but i need my basics too work first. the problem is most likely
NETSCRAPE..... but im wondering if its my modem not reactig well with LM

John