A few days ago I installed Mandrake 6.0 on my PC and it was an almost
completely painless installation, even for a newbie ;-))
However, sometimes I have a problem when shutting down - filesystems get
not cleanly unmounted - which causes some delay on next startup and may
(??) lead to data loss.
>From reading this list I understand this maybe associated with my
kernel-version (2.2.9-19mdk) and I saw some newer versions in the
"updates" dir.

My question is:

a) would updating eliminate my problem

b) if yes, how to do it, i.e. which files to download and how to proceed
- I suppose this could not be done from a running system?!

I did my first install from hda (with some other os on it...) and
Mandrake lives on hdb, booting from diskette.

Any advice or FAQ out there?

Regards

Willy