----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Springett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 1999 11:54 AM
Subject: [newbie] Venus 6.0 failure to load

I wrote recently about a problem with the load failure of Venus 6.0 on a
PR200 Cyrix chipped PC . You answered part of the query but not why I
couldn't load it. I have since read that others with the same chips have
similar problems. Since one of the features of Venus 6.0 is to accomodate
the Pentium, Cyrix and Win??? can you tell me if anything has been done to
address this problem? I've tried  about 8 times to load, upgrade and it
always 'bombs out' with error or sig 11.
I believe you said that the kernel updates do much to alleviate certain
problems but how do I update a system that I cannot load initially; I do not
have CDROM writable facilities.Please tell me. Or alternatively is there a
new disk available which includes all the upgrades?
Festen remains on my machine working well.
Kindest regards
Bob Springett

As far as using the updates, your best bet may be to just download them and
copy the other RPMs and installation files from your CD-ROM to a partition
on your harddisk that will not be used during installation.  It has to be
better than waiting for an update CD-ROM to be released (and spending the
money on it).

Manny Styles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----
It's always darkest before...Daylight Savings Time.