On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Steve Winston wrote:

> Has anyone installed StarOffice 5.0 on Mandrake 6.0?

Get 5.1 - 5.0 doesn't work with glibc 2.1 based systems like Mandrake 6.

> When I try to install StarOffice 5.0 on Mandrake 6.0, I get a message
> that glibc doesn't exist, so I must install glibc 2.0.7.

The 5.1 installer still claims there's a problem, but if you just ignore
it, it works.

> Didn't much like it, but it serves until something better (KOffice?)
> comes along/

Good news here: Today's CVS snapshot of KOffice is the first one ever that
compiled out of the box, and actually does something useful.

However, it requires KDE 2.0, so unless you want to go totally unstable,
there's a bit of waiting left.

The first Mandrake version with KDE 2.0 will also include KOffice.

LLaP
bero