Please help,

I've been trying to install and configure Venus now for well over a week.
I'm sure that I have set all my hardware up correctly during install, but
there seems to be a major problem, and it sounds as though others (with
Cyrix chips) have encountered it.

Basically, now I'm forced at the end of installation to NOT boot into X, or
else my computer just stalls and I'm forced to use
CTRL+ALT+F2.....F(whatever..) then unmount and reboot.

Now though, if I don't boot into X and start with the command prompt and
"startx" my machine just gives up on me and I'm left with
CTRL+ALT+F2.....F(whatever..) again. The screen it 'dies' on is the black
and white hatch with the (mouse) cross in the middle!! That's the limit to
my X on 99.99% of logins?!?!?!? It's getting annoying and frustrating...!
I've installed Venus about 13 times now - I think I'm becoming a bit of an
expert!!

I only have Venus on my machine, and I know everything is set up correctly
(hardware wise). Is there a problem with Venus under Cyrix chips (P150+'s)??
etc..... I have had the advice to downgrade to 5.3 as it is more stable!!!!
But, is there a quicker answer?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

--