I have had MAJOR problems with my Cyrix board and Mandrake.
Random failures in all places, and especially in X, to the point it
was unusable. Strange, since the same box has been running old
Slackware for a year without a hiccup. So I tried Slackware 4.0,
with much better results. So far, no problem at all - except that
Slack is more trouble to set up.

Irv