I am not sure if there is a SCSI thingg i am missing..(i have never had
the fortune to work with SCSI HDD)...but i did that to myself before...
I reinstalled Win95 on my system adn forgot that the mBR would be
overwritten...i could not even get to my linux system to run lilo
again...so i booted using a boot/rescue disk (i use tomsrtbt...tell me
if u need links to it)...then i mounted my linux partition and reran
lilo...(i had to chroot the lilo command so that it goes to the
etc/lilo.conf on my mounted volume...

hope this helps..