On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, you wrote:
> Dear Abby,
> I keep trying to download WordPerfect 8 for Linux. When I click on the
> download button at the site --download.com --I am switched immediately
> to a gray screen scrolling code. When I check this hours later, it
> appears downloading is complete, but damned if I can find the stuff
> downloaded. Shouldn't I be given a chance to name the file to which I
> am downloading? Am I doing something wrong?
> adios, Steve W.

Ahh... I made that mistake a time or two. :-) What you need to do is RIGHT
click on it and select "save as..." and tell it where you want to save. It will
likely have the correct filename already. :-)
Unfortunately, Netscape for Linux often doesn't know to save instead of open.

 --
        John Aldrich
        COL Tech Support