well, when I was on US West, the cisco 675 was a bridge, not a router, so it has no IP of it's own.  you need to set the computer to DHCP.  I dunno how to do that in Linux except at install, but I'm 99% sure if you are assigning a IP to a us west dsl bridge it's wrong.  How is your win box setup?  Betcha 100 bucks "obtain IP address from server" is checked
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rich McCabe
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 1999 1:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] Mandrake and DSL

Aaron do you mean all I need to do is change the eth0 interface to a DHCP protocol ? Or is there more to setting up DHCP than that. The information I have listed below regarding the Cisco is right out of the USWest book and does get the Router logged in.

I just need to make the Linux box talk to the router.

Thanks for the response.