also, if he's desperate to run windows apps, try downloading and installing
the free trial version of vmware (www.download.com's linux area) - it let's
you install windows 3.1, 95, 98,. NT and DOS on your linux box that run in
windows within your linux environment....the best of both worlds....

Don
On Fri, 25
Jun 1999, you wrote: > >      He has asked me this simple question: Suppose  > >
that he gets some > > work done at work under Excel, Word or  Corel  and > > he
wants to > > continue the same work at home where he has a Linux > > machine.
What > > chances has he got in porting is work from the Dos