You can download an burn a cdrom image (prolly the best idea if your new)
the image is in:
/packages/Mandrake/iso/  (of your chosen download site)
the image file is mandrake60-1.iso (or something like that.
the readme file tells how to bur it under easy cd creator.

this image is all you need.

BUT! when you install it you'll have to update some packages, including
the kernel, so your cd image won't realy be a perfect working copy on
mandrake.

...you could just download the trees with the updates as well, but there's
too much room for error if you ask me...and if your new to it all, it's
more confusing than worth while.

>From the web page:
Linux-Mandrake Downloads: distribution, iso image, updates and
               applications

                 You must at least download the "Mandrake/" and "images/"
trees from the
               "6.0/" directory. It's about 500 Mb.
                 An iso9660 image of Linux-Mandrake is also available .
You can use such
               a file for easy CD-burning (under Windows, you can use Easy
CD Pro or
               Easy CD Creator, check our notice here - version en franais
ici). It's about
               600 Mb (one file only). Important Notes: the iso file
(mandrake53-2.iso) is
               available in the "iso/" directory. The file "iso-md5sum" is
only needed for
               binary integrity checking.

check out:
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/howtoisoen.html