Chucklechuckle. Hey, do you remember me writing you to ask why I
couldn't boot my Win95 hard drive after installing a new motherboard? I
discovered the source of the problem and the solution, and you might
want to pass it on, because, judging from the traffic on Dejanews, a
ton of people are having the hassle.
It is based on a conflict between Win95 versions ending in B or C and
AMD K6 cpu's running faster than 300mhz. Both AMD and Microsoft have a
patch that cures it. But first, you have to reset motherboard jumpers
so your chip is running at 300mhz or slower. then you download the
patch, install it, reset your motherboard, and you be done. adios,
Steve w.