-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Martin White
Sent: Monday, July 05, 1999 6:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] SBLive under Mandrake 6.0

Glad to see someone's managed to work out that you can force the SBLive
module to load under all the kernel versions so far (i'm not going to be
brave enough to say any kernel!!)

Just to add - if you make sure the 'conf.modules' file contains the
following lines (the first being the standard one) you can automatically
force it on every boot up so nothing ever appears to be wrong ;-)

'alias sound sblive'                   #Setup alias
'insert sblive insmod -f sblive'   #Explicitly tell the kernel to use the
insmod -f
                                               #command - could be any
command you like

BTW - am i the only one whose having problems with the SBLive and sound
under enlightenment/X windows since upgrading to the 2.2.9-27 kernel ?? It
just makes my speakers click away to themselves and X needs to be killed.
All worked okay up until the kernel upgrade.

I have taken notes of the thread about upgrading various RPMS a while back -
does it sound like that would help me?

Martin.