I have install the Beta sound drivers, as I have the same setup in my Dell
system.  The CD works great for accessing data and playing music, BUT, the
system sounds for the KDE environment sound like chipmunks talking at high
speed.  Two out of three aint bad !

I would *love* to watch a DVD movie in Linux, though. Sigh. Soon I hope.