Yants wrote:

> how do i write shell scripts..?
> can someone please show me an example...

You know what shell script is, right? Well, the question of how depends on the
shell you're using. pdksh, csh (c shell), bash all have slightly different
err...dialects.

Also, you can right "shell" scripts using perl or python.

Here's an example in python:

Argh...I cannot cut and paste from kedit to netscape messenger...rats...it's the
multiple file rename script I wrote a long time ago...it's simple enough to
understand.
If you're interested, please mail me. (don't want to flood the list with silly
hacks :-\)
Kuraiken - Python fanatic.
Python. Try it. It'll swallow you whole!