|--- Original Message ---
|From: jsm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|To: Mandrake Newbee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|Date: 7/11/99 11:19:33 PM
|

|Hi all , I've just bought a Cannon BJC2000 printer . I cant
get it to
|print in Linux . When I set it up , I used the BJC600 or above
choice .
|When I try to print nothing happens .
|
|Also , when I run sndconfig it recognizes my card ( ATZ1023
) but when I
|chose ok it freezes the whole computer , no mouse no keyboard
, nothing
|.. I have to use the reset button to reboot . And Im afraid
it's going to
|destroy the file system !
|
|Any help would be greatly appreciated !
|
|Thanks
|jsm

I think i can help on the printer. I just installed a canon bjc-240
on my comp. Stealing a little help from Red Hat Linux 6 fast
and easy (_very_ basic beginning linux book... made exclusively
for the command prompt impaired)

I'm assuming you can get into gnome without troubles. If the
choking on sound keeps you from getting that far, forget sound
setup for now. You can always go back and set it up later.

Once in gnome,
1. Click on the Main Menu Button. (the foot thingie)
2. Move the mouse pointer to AnotherLevel menus-> Administration->
Printer Tool.
3. You should get a big empty box titled Red Hat Linux Print
System Manager. Click on ADD.
4. Select Local printer and click OK.
5. Should get a screen saying something like:
/dev/lp0:  Detected
/dev/lp1:  Not Detected
/dev/lp2:  Not Detected
Click on OK to close this screen.
6. Click on the text box next to the File Limit in Kb to limit
the size files that can be sent to printer. Put a nice big number
in so it doesn't choke on multi-page documents.
7.Click on the select button. The configure filter dialog box
will open.
8. Click on the canon bjc-200/400/600 printer type from the scroll
list.
9. Click on a resolution of 300x300 (if it works, you can try
a higher one later)
10. Click on letter under paper size
11. Click on OK in bottom left corner. Box will close.
12. Click on OK in Edit Local Printer Entry box. Box will close.
13. Click on the printer you just added in Red Hat Linux Print
System Manager box. Pull down the test menu and select Print
Postscript test page.
14. You should get a dialogue box saying "test page printed to
queue lp" click ok and back out of the Print system manager if
all worked well.  If it didn't, gimmie some feedback on where
it fell apart and I'll see if i can't revise my help.

Overall, I'd say worry about getting the main system up and running
first, then there's tons of help and faq's you can access to
help you out from there

Have a lot of fun!
oops... wrong mailing list ;)

1. Click on the Main
------
UGeek Web Mail - http://www.ugeek.com
Provided by MailStart Plus - http://www.mailstartplus.com
Consolidate Your Mailboxes Into an Organized, Filtered, Spell-Checked,
Anywhere, Anytime
WebBox