Okay,

I've tried to re-install Venus in the seagate drive which I had a running
(fresh) install of Festen. And...it still does not work. At install time, after
choosing "server" default install, it gives me this error:

An error occurred while reading the partition table for the block device hda.
The error was input/output error. [retry or skip drive]

Incidentally, this input/output error was the same cascading errors I wrote
about in the previous mail...

Is there anymore information that would be useful? Thanks.

Kuraiken - Python fanatic.
Python. Try it. It'll swallow you whole!