On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> hey I got a quick question, when installing applications such as
> StarOffice, Wordperfect, etc.. Where do you want to install it to? (which
> dir?)  I would like it so everyone can use it, which reminds me, do I need
> to be root when installing it?

The FREE version of Star Office is a single-user license,
and as such is only available to the user who signed up and
downloaded the software. Don't know about WordPerfect or
anything like that. As for where to install it, I guess
that depends on you. I think SO wants to install under your
home directory, but I installed it to a secondary hard
drive where I had more space.