On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, you wrote:

> I looked up on my Win98 monitor properties and, I think, found the highest
> res. to be 1600 X 1200 but there was no refresh rate specified.  Could find
> that info anywhere.
>
> Would that be important to this LM 6.0 install or not?

Probably only for X-windows. If you don't plan on running
in GUI mode ever, then the answer is "no, it's not
important." However, as I doubt that you plan on ignoring
GUI mode, I would go to the manufacturer's website and
check out the stats on your monitor (unless it's a
"no-name" monitor, in which case you may be out of luck and
have to guess! IF you have to guess, I strongly suggest you
guess on the "conservative side" to save you from
"breaking" your monitor!)

 --
        John Aldrich
        COL Tech Support