Actually, You might consider Mandrake 5.3.  I found it a good, solid
distribution, and I really liked the additional packages over Red Hat's
5.2.  Also, since it wasn't built for i586, Mandrake 5.3 should work just
great on 386/486.  I also believe the kernel update RPMs for 5.3 are still
non-optimized, so you have a 2.2 kernel ready to install (after a short
download)!

Unless, of course, you're really wanting RH 6.0...

     -Matt