> I heard that I should have two Linux partitions.  Can anyone give me
> more information on this?

Sure.  You should have one partition for files, and another for swapping.
Of course, you can distribute your file system between several partitions-
I have /home on a separate partition so that when I format / to install
Mandrake 6.1, I won't lose all my personal files.

On a side note, would it be possible to selectively install 6.1 RPMs on my
6.0 system?  So that I don't have to re-format / anyway?

>> mind.  If only I could map "\Program Files" to be on a different
>> partition...
>
>        Of course, such things are trivially easy in Linux...  Wonder why
>Microsoft chose such a half-assed method of drive management...

Probably for the same reason DOS can only use 640kB RAM.  I can
hear it now... "Nobody will ever have a drive larger than 2GB!"

     -Matt