I sent this a couple of days ago, but never saw it show up on the list.
Perhaps it got burped out somewhere.

On my new PC, mandrake 6.0 has worked really well -- even kppp is working
flawlessly! But when I tried to compile some downloaded software the other
day, I hit a wall of errors. First, make was missing, and I had to install
it from an RPM. The second error I'm now getting is that all the .h files
that I expected were standard (stdio.h, string.h, math.h, etc) are also
missing. I can't find them anywhere. After installing gcc and all the
libraries I came across on the RPM CD, they're still nowhere to be found.

I'm inclined to think that since make was originally missing, I must have
mistakenly not installed some things when I made the initial installation.
Any suggestions for ensuring that I have all the proper packages
installed to fix this one?

Thanks much-
-Alan