Howdy all,

I was just trying to download the latest Mandrake (6.0) from one of
the FTP mirrors (500+ Meggers, but I figure I might as well put my new
DSL to work). Everything's great, except my FTP programs seem to be
choking on some directories. There are a whole bunch of directories in
the /Mandrake/instimage/lib directory (and possibly elsewhere), that
my FTP programs (both WS_FTP and CuteFTP) are failing to open, giving
"Not a Directory" errors. The directories have names like
ld-linux.so.2, libc.so.6, and so forth. The only thing I can think is
that the multiple dots in the file names are confusing my FTP
programs, but I can't really see whay that would happen.

I imagine I'me just doing (or overlooking) something stupid, but what?
(Besides stubbornly refusing to get the CDs, that is).

Thanks a lot,
Chris