I was having that problem with LILO. It displays the LI then freezes right?
well what I did is went into the etc directory and found this .0300 file and
used the dd command with some arguments to replace the mbr with the old
version. I found the command in some faq on the CD. The question is how do I
remove LILO from an MS-DOS partition or something like that.