From:   Dan Brown [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, August 16, 1999 1:33 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [newbie] Modem problems. - Motorola Voice Sufer?

Joseph Gardner wrote:

> If memory serves my correctly the Voice Surfer is an external modem??  If so
> then use the kppp dialer and under the Device tab select the cua2 not the
> ttys2 (cua is for and external device)

        Not so.  It doesn't matter whether you're using internal or external
devices; if you're using kernel 2.2.x, you need to use ttyS*, because
the kernel's done away with the cua* devices.  If you're using 2.0.x,
you can use cua*, but ttyS* is a better choice, because it leaves the
door open for upgrades.

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good

application/ms-tnef