OK folks:

I now have Linux working except for my sound card or SCSI stuff but the
main part of the system is at least stable enough for me to poke around.
I don't really know what to do with it all except for play some of the
new fangled games.

Anyway, there's a huge class coming to town teaching Unix and Linux.
It's $1000 for 2 8 hour classes with tons of hands-on labs. Now, I can
get around DOS and consider myself a quick learner, especially with
computers, so I'm not really concerned with sensory overload in a long
class like this.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether the price is reasonable or should
I look elsewhere for some really in-depth quick training?

They are also offering another 2 day course right after the first one
for the same price.

Their web page for the course is at

http://db.globalknowledge.com/catalog/course.asp?course=640

and the Level II course is at
http://db.globalknowledge.com/catalog/course.asp?course=670

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Toby

PS: If anyone remembers about a week ago a gentleman offered to mail me
his external modem for free since I had a winmodem that would not run
under Linux. Well, I got it yesterday. I didn't save his email so I
don't know who it was but THANK YOU! ...and I *will* pass it on to
someone else for free once I have purchased a new USR 56K.