I wonder what the problem was. Maybe my FTP server was just screwy - it was
showing a connection from the wrong IP address, wich maybe is a sign.
Hmmmm, come to think of it, the only other time I tried to use it, my
friend couldn't download files from it. Dang! Wish I had thought of that.

Oh well! The important thing is that it's up and running now. Thanks for
your insight though!

 - Chris