"Sengir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ok, I think I finally got my modem to connect just fine.  I connect and it
stays connected.  BUT, the next problem is getting Netscape to be able to
look up a page.  I believe there problem lies in a TCP/IP setting since I
have the DNS entered.  Any place to get help?  I checked the HOW-TO that
came with Mandrake and it is rather strange.  I'm supposed to put the DNS in
a file that doesn't exist (it says to put it in SEARCH  .)  I am going to
check for an updated How-to now but any comments from other who have has
similar experiences would be great.

Ultra-Linux Newbie,

Brian
You want to edit a file called /etc/resolv.conf
at the bottom of the file add:
search <isp>
nameserver <dns#>
nameserver <dns#> (if your isp gave you two; they usually do)
Be sure to save the new info.
All should be well 8^)
Mike

http://webmail.netscape.com.